About Me

My photo
I am a Wife to the most wonderful man in the world *Patrick*, Mom to 2 boys *Patrick and Daniel* and I have 2 fur babies *Cheyenne and Harley* both kitties! I have been a crafter all my life in one form or another! I became a Stampin' Up Demo in September 2009!! I have been scrapbooking since 1997 and have discovered card making and other paper crafts and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

3D Thursday - Acrylic Distress Gift Box

Hello Crafters,

Today I tried a new technique call Acrylic Distress! I got the idea from the monthly demonstrator only magazine Stampin' Success (if you join my team you could get it too!)! I just went to my local craft store and got some acrylic paint, I got several colors to play with : )!

First I painted a thin coat onto Crumb Cake CS and let it dry!

Next I ran it through the Big Shot with the Finial Press Embossing folder, and then using the Sanding Blocks I distressed the raised parts of the pattern to remove some of the paint!

Then I used a Stampin' Sponge to apply some Regal Rose Classic Ink to the distressed parts!
I then cut the panels into pieces to use on the Kraft Gift Box!

For the flower I used the new set "Mixed Bunch" with the matching Blossom Punch that are in the Occasions Mini!
The ribbon is Rose Red Seam Binding!

Hope you give this a try it's a really cool look : )! Be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment